About the Breast Cancer Fund
The Breast Cancer Fund works to connect the dots between breast cancer and exposures to chemicals and radiation in our everyday environments.
We translate the growing body of scientific evidence linking breast cancer and environmental exposures into public education and advocacy campaigns that protect our health and reduce breast cancer risk.
We help transform how our society thinks about and uses chemicals and radiation, with the goal of preventing breast cancer and sustaining health and life.
We find practical solutions so that our children, grandchildren and planet can thrive.
The Breast Cancer Fund works to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease.
As a result of our work, we envision a world in which:
- We live without fear of losing our breasts or our lives as a result of what we’ve eaten, touched or breathed because the environmental causes of breast cancer have been identified and eliminated.
- Most breast cancer can be prevented, while safe detection and treatment of the disease are the standard and available to all.
- We have succeeded in informing and mobilizing a public that is unrelenting and holds government and business accountable for contaminating our bodies and our environment.
- Public policy protects our health and is guided by the principle that credible evidence of harm rather than proof of harm is sufficient to mandate policy changes in the public’s best interest.
- We have done justice to the women whose struggle and dedication inspired our resolve.